Thursday, April 28, 2016

Coagula Curatorial

The exhibit was located in Chinatown. I merged onto Hill Street at the beginning of Downtown L.A. (coming from campus) and took it down all the way for a few miles.  The area was filled with Chinese businesses and, even though I have never been to China, I felt as if I was there.  It was quite an experience being in this area because you feel you are in another country, even though it is conveniently located about 15 minutes from campus.

The exhibit was definitely exquisite and unusual to say the least.  I have not experienced or analyzed much art, but this was a welcome sight.  The story behind the art had to do with "conspiracies, family secrets, and UFOs"; quite interesting to say the least.  The artist argues that truth and untruths are part of the fabric in life and it is what can add to the comfort of life.  It is quite a different way of thinking of things, but it gave me a perspective to ponder that I would have never thought of without this.

No comments:

Post a Comment