Sunday, April 10, 2016

The difficult decision I had to make - IDF or USC?

Before attending college in America, I had to make a decision: whether to serve in the IDF - the Israel Defense Forces for three years; or move to America to attend college immediate following my graduation from High School.  It was a very hard decision to make and I reached out to my family and friends to seek an advise on what I should do.  After seeing that all my friends from High School decided to serve in the military, I didn't want to be different than them and decided to join the military as well.  This decision postponed my wish of attending college in America by three years.

As of today, I am confident that I made the right decision to serve in the military.  The three years serving in the IDF made me a more independent person, more punctual, and see life overall in a different perspective.  Moreover, I believe that my experience in the IDF made me ready to attend college in America.  I am happy that I made the decision of serving in the IDF, and I believe the skills I gained through my time in the IDF will benefit me for my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment